A Challenging Fitting Session

This is an update on my “wedding” dress progress. I’ve had nearly two weeks to make my dress for my cousin’s wedding and I am still at square one and making muslins.

I made the first muslin of the bodice in a size 12 and expected minimal fitting adjustments. After finishing it I put it on and had my sister pin the back together — and it seemed nearly perfect! I only needed to put some more curves into my front seams. THEN I tried to move my arms. Dun dun dun… It was so restrictive that my arms could only be lifted up to my shoulders.

Bodice Muslin

Bodice Muslin Size 12

Continue reading


“Sherbet Zebra” Dress

Okay, this is a dress that I want to make. I think that its design is very interesting, and I’d like to make the one with sleeves.

The fabric I have actually is called ‘Sherbet Zebra,’ according to its label. It came from New York and it’s a linen. I LOVE the print, and something nice about this linen is that it isn’t a very wrinkly one. In total I have either four or five yards to work with. I would like to have a different fabric for the sleeves/upper dress, so I’ll be on the look-out.

I hope to have this made by next spring! It will be difficult to find time to sew with my new school schedule this fall, and before then I have tons of quilt projects I want to finish. 🙂

Until next time,